Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. spotify

Add a Spotify search function similar to the YouTube one. I pay for Spotify and would love to hear a high resolution copy before buying.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Crates for Bandcamp

Crates.co has revolutionized my digging experience for digital music on beatport. I'm finding myself having to do parallel digging on bandcamp for a lot of non-beatport content though (an area growing more and more). I would love to see a crates for bandcamp—ideally it could show in my inbox feed, but even if it was a separate feed it would be huge. Right now the browsing experience for artists and labels I follow on Bandcamp is abysmal at best. I have to click in and out of releases and pages to hear the music, takes forever.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the kind words Ben! We’d love to integrate with Band Camp, but they don’t have an API for their music catalog.

(Crates is powered by Beatport’s API. If BandCamp adds an API for their catalog, then we can explore integration with them as well.)

4. Add separate crates for Beatport Hype Charts

Beatport Hype looks great, would be awesome to check it once in a while like "My Beatport" crate or "Inbox"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sharing crates link is broken

This feature used to work but now I cannot seem to get a link to share/collaborate a crate with friends.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Setup HTTPS using LetsEncrypt

Title says it all. Would be great to setup SSL/TLS and you can easily setup to auto-renew certs fairly easily. Better security on the web is always good.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Feature: populate shopping cart with tracks from CSV file (and/or spotify)

I'm trying to get hard copies of 2000+ tracks from my spotify playlists, and searching for every track individually is proving extremely time-consuming. I'm currently trying to automate the search-and-add-to-cart workflow with UI automation like selenium, but it is error-prone and very fragile. It would be amazing if Crates.co could turn a CSV file into a populated shopping cart, by (A) searching for the track described in row X, (B) finding the best match for the given title/artist/duration, (C) add the track to my beatport shopping cart, and (D) provide a list of the tracks that couldn't be found or…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Cart menu is obscured by bottom of browser window

In Firefox on mac, when choosing which cart to add a track to, it has a little popup window with a list of the carts, and a sidebar to scroll down the list of carts, however when I'm adding tracks from near the bottom of the list, to a cart near the bottom of the list, I can't get the cart to show up.
    The cart menu is partially obscured by bottom of browser window.

Love the site though. Thanks for the great work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Filter tracks by BPM

Would be great if you could only have tracks within a certain BPM range show up.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide a mobile version of the site

Provide a mobile friendly version of the site

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Youtube playlist made of your Cart/Hold Bin

It would be great to automatically search for full-length preview for the next track instead of pressing each time "F".

Probably it can be a separate playlist on Youtube.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show My Dowloads as a Crate

I often return to my downloads in beatport to see what charts they have been included on since I purchased a new track. It would be great to be able to do this in Crates, as well as to be able 'dig deeper' a few weeks/months on.

Are purchased tracks / my downloads available via the API?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Integrate with other DJ download APIs such as Juno and any others that exist

How awesome would this be? If we could browse all of the various websites... AT THE SAME TIME.?! No? Huh? Seriously! I can help with this if you like.

http://www.junodownload.com/developers/

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Arrow Keys Take You To Previous/Next Page At Top/Bottom of List

This would be a minor improvement to the UI, so that you don't have to mouse to the previous/next buttons.

Thanks again,

James

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sortable Tables & Custom Columns

1. would like the ability to sort table columns
    2. would like to be able to add / remove table columns and have columns like "Genre" (Kind of like datatables)

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Crates primarily displays feeds of tracks, which often contain hundreds/thousands of tracks. If you sorted by artist, label, or track name, the returned list wouldn’t be very useful.

Could you guys give some examples of columns you’d want to sort by, and in what context?

Crates now supports filtering by Beatport genre, release date, and musical key, so I think that might cover most of the use cases here.

In regards to adding or removing columns – I like that idea. What columns from Beatport would you want to be able to add, besides genre?

16. 33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Out of curiosity, what interests you guys more:

(1) Infinite Scroll – more tracks constantly load, without you needing to click to the next page?

(2) More Tracks Per Page – Just more tracks per page, like 100 or 150, like the Beatport site?

Thanks for feedback!

17. Feature: "Chart Score"

It's my understanding that Beatport doesn't release the number of times a track has been bought or played, correct? One way Crates might be able to give tracks a popularity ranking could be thought something like a "Chart Score".

Every time a track gets posted to a chart, it gets one point. You could then sort tracks based on Chart Score to get a good idea of what tracks are blowing up. For example if I click on "Black Cow" by
    Booka Shade & Yaruba it appears on 30 charts by my count. That would give it a Chart Score…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback Ryan – you’re right that we could capture a “Times Charted” every time we load the track, but tracks only get loaded when a user plays/selects them. This means the data would only get updated on tracks users are selecting, so I don’t think it’s that valuable.

The other thing is that not many DJs are posting Charts on Beatport right now, for various reasons, so I actually don’t think “Times Charted” is a very meaningful metric until Beatport expands their playlists/charts. It’s not a priority of theirs right now, unfortunately.

We’ll definitely keep an eye on this once we get access to the new Beatport API next year though, hopefully. :) Keep the feedback/ideas coming until then!

18. Allow an option for me to share my cart with anyone through a private URL

I've always wanted this feature. So that I can get friends to come in and listen to my cart and then give a thumbs up or thumbs down to the items in my cart.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Rating Artist or Label (private, not public)

Hi community! For a long period of use of "my beatport", it became necessary to clean the list of favourits artists. It would be nice if each artist or label had two buttons plus and minus (increment + 1 and decrement -1), and then for some time it would be possible to analyze what artist or label without a rating, and remove unnecessary artists from the list. Sorry for bad english.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Filters

Track length filter

3 votes
    Vote