Crates

Bugs? Features?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Can we add UNDO for when removing a cart item?

I swear this existed before? Maybe it just isn't working for me right now? When I delete an item from a custom cart it's just gone. Into the ether. This is the desired effect except I accidentally clicked the wrong delete and now I don't know what I lost. Doh! It would be nice if it could bring up a little notice saying "[Track Name] Deleted! Undo?" and a if you click it then it brings it back.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please can you show a history of listened to tracks

I found something great and then lost it and just couldn't find me way back to it, this would be really helpful!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mark tracks that have already been listened to better

Instead of using tiny check mark, you could gray out an entire track that's already been listened to, or place a green dot next to it the way that Beatport Pro desktop app does.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make the track preview window bigger

It's too small. There's all that space at the top that could be utilized.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Import Text to Crate

This is a bit more "out there" but might be useful for quickly creating crates from your current iTunes (or other) metadata.

The idea would be to have an option to import a list of artists or labels and create a new crate from this. I haven't tried dumping a complete list of this data out of iTunes but I suspect it should be straightforward using existing applescripts. The tricky bit would be matching with actual artists/labels on beatport, as it would obviously be sensitive to slight differences in labelling and duplicate entries.

Perhaps there would need to be some…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Track Skipping Intervals

It would be awesome to customize the amount of time a tracks skips when we press the left/right arrows. If we can't set the skip time to a specific length of our choosing, which would be preferable in my opinion, then maybe a few options would be adequate. 10 seconds, 30 seconds, and 1 minute would be great options. Excellent work guys!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would love the ability to actually customize my own keyboard shortcuts

The arrow keys may have been hot shit in 1996, but these days most peoples hands gravitate towards AWSD (Games) or ASDF (Typing).
    The ability to set these ourselves would, for example, probably speed up listening and skipping through tracks.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Feature: Add Support for "Beatport DJs"

I really LOVE Beatport DJs, its the only reason why I still go to Beatport at all instead of using Crates exclusively.

If you're not familiar with it, Beatport DJs allows you to follow Beatport users who have created profiles in the Beatport DJ system. If you're following someone and they release a new chart, it appears in your feed. I've been building up the DJs (all of whom are generally producers and want more avenues to get people to listen to their tracks) I follow and now get four to five new charts every week, which provides a great…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’ve asked Beatport if the list of DJs you follow is accessible via the API, but it doesn’t appear so. I’ll update here if we here back from Beatport.

Building our own DJ follow system would be an alternative to consider, but it’s a bit messy considering Beatport differentiates between Artists (producers) and DJs.

In the mean time, you can easily access any chart on Beatport in Crates. If your Beatport Chart URL is this: https://pro.beatport.com/chart/springtime/343296

Then you can access it on Crates by putting that last number in this URL, like this:

http://crates.co/chart/slug/343296

10. Add "Next Track" and "Previous Track" buttons to the player

Add simple fast forward and rewind buttons around the current play/pause button.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Jay, have you tried using the hotkeys? You can quickly skip to the next track or previous track without needing to use a button. Click the ? at the top of Crates to see all the available hotkeys. Will that do the trick for you here? :)

11. Filter tracks by BPM

Would be great if you could only have tracks within a certain BPM range show up.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Crates

Feedback and Knowledge Base