Crates

1. Spotify playlist integration

Thank you so much for building Crates....a lot of us DJs these days use Spotify to discover our music and build playlists. It would be really cool if a Spotify playlist link can be given to Crates and it creates a crate out of it . Add to that the option to buy everything on that crate, and boom - gig prep is done.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search Box Highlighted.

Perhaps highlight the search box a little more. On a few occasions i've had trouble spotting where it is!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Deleted Carts pop up after a while

First of all, thank you so much for this awesome tool! I really enjoy discovering new releases and I couldn't imagine going back to plain Beatport.

Now I noticed that after pressing the "Delete Cart" button, all of those carts pop up in the list - usually the day after. I accidentally created lots of them and now I only use like half of them.

Is there any chance to make them disappear?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Nils, could you check if these Carts you tried to delete are actually removed on the main Beatport site? Sounds like it might be a bug with Beatport.

Does this only happen to certain carts?

4. Genre Filter

Ability to filter by genres (to see as many as all, as little as one genre at a time), via checkbox toggle or other similar method of changing selection.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to filter out tracks you already own by uploading a file with their details

For example, uploading a CSV with the relevant metadata that then persists so you can only see tracks you haven't listened to. Ability to combine this with the other filters too.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. View all charts created for your MyBeatport artists or artists in a crate

It would be great to have a view where all the charts for your favourite artists are listed by release date. This means you can keep an eye on new chart releases across all your followed artists, something which should be possible but neither beatport or crates allows.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Blacklisting of labels and releases

Every now and then, there are releases with a lot of tracks in it that I want to erase from my feed as a whole without having to listen to them in order to "check" them.

A similar thing is missing for labels. Some labels should not appear in a feed even if a crate's artist appears on them.

It would be good to have a button available when hovering over a release or label (in the same window as the crates) that will add this to a blacklist.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Nils!

We’re planning on adding a “Mute” feature in the future for labels or artists.

While this wouldn’t allow you to hide a specific release, it would allow you to hide tracks by an entire label or artist.

8. Searching for Stems

Provide the ability to search specifically for Stems format tracks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would love to be able to cruise the top 100 in different genres on crates.co

The check mark for previously listened to tracks is my favourite time-saver on crates.co
    Would really love to be able to check out the top 100 tracks in all the genres and only listen to the ones I haven't heard before.
    PS. Thanks so much for making this. I have been using it for years and I love it.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the positive feedback, Tim! Glad you’re enjoying Crates. :)

I think Genre support will be something we add in the near future once a few of our other priorities are finished. I’ll update this ticket when there’s news to report!

10. Differentiate shortcuts for skipping to prev/next track vs skipping to prev/next UNPLAYED track (-James Fish)

Havent logged into crates in a few months and surprised to notice that the up/down arrows skip to the next or previous unplayed tracks. Sometimes i like listening to a track more than once, or comparing it with the other tracks in its release.
    My suggestion: SHIFT+UP or SHIFT+DOWN skips to previous/next unplayed track. UP + DOWN (unmodified) increments by 1 in either direction regardless whether the next track has already been played or not.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Provide a mobile version of the site

Provide a mobile friendly version of the site

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Filter out Radio Edits

I don't have a need for radio edits so would be good to be able to filter these out

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Genre on collection view

When viewing a crate, perhaps I'm missing it, but It would be handy to add a genre column to the colleciton list. If possible, linking this to the genre pages on beatport in case I wanted to view other recent artists of that genre on the beatport site

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sean! We don’t currently have a genre column on Crates or a way to browse by genre. This is something we’ll definitely explore adding in the future, but it’s not a top priority at the moment.

Genres are a bit messy on Beatport and we made a conscious decision to exclude them from Crates. I agree it’s a useful way to find new music, though, and we’ll see what we can do about supporting them in the near future.

14. reset played track status or remove check mark

a way to remove the check mark of a track that has already been played.... i can think many reasons why you might want to reset the played status of the track so you can re listen again another day more carefully ... maybe there is a way of doing this already?? i cant find it

sometimes i just leave the player runing through all the tracks in the collection and preview new stuff while doing other things... then another day i want to be able to listen to all again to purchase the ones ive liked but i get…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. How does Crates make money?

I'd like to know how Crates makes money, since there doesn't seem to be any subscription or license available. Is it free forever? If so, why? How is it funded? How is the data used?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add filtering & sorting inside your "Hold Bin" & "Cart".

Now it is available only in "My Beatport" which is good but when there are hundreds of tracks inside your Hold Bin...well that would be great to filter them as well.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Additional filters like type (Release/Album/mix) etc.

It would be great if you could implement the missing filter possiblities which you can select on the top of "My Beatport".

e.g. sometimes I only want to search for new albums, the other day only for EP's.

Cheers
    Michael

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Pick up where you left off

Instead of starting from page 1 every time I log in, I would love a way to bookmark where I left off so I don't have to keep searching?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Territory Options

As someone who lives in the UK, some tracks are showing that aren't available to me, and vice versa. Not to mention everything is in dollars and not pound sterling. An option to choose which territory you're in would be great!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a search to find collaborations between artists

For example I'd like to be able to search on Royskopp and then add a second filter of Robyn so that I can see all tracks that they've done together. I believe the old Beatport had that ability to do this. I haven't ever used the new Beatport so I'm not sure if it does this or not. But it's something I find myself wanting frequently. THANKS!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Crates

Feedback and Knowledge Base