Skip to content

Crates

13 results found

1. Sortable Tables & Custom Columns

1. would like the ability to sort table columns
    2. would like to be able to add / remove table columns and have columns like "Genre" (Kind of like datatables)
    87 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Crates primarily displays feeds of tracks, which often contain hundreds/thousands of tracks. If you sorted by artist, label, or track name, the returned list wouldn’t be very useful.

Could you guys give some examples of columns you’d want to sort by, and in what context?

Crates now supports filtering by Beatport genre, release date, and musical key, so I think that might cover most of the use cases here.

In regards to adding or removing columns – I like that idea. What columns from Beatport would you want to be able to add, besides genre?

2. 50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Out of curiosity, what interests you guys more:

(1) Infinite Scroll – more tracks constantly load, without you needing to click to the next page?

(2) More Tracks Per Page – Just more tracks per page, like 100 or 150, like the Beatport site?

Thanks for feedback!

3. Crates for Bandcamp

Crates.co has revolutionized my digging experience for digital music on beatport. I'm finding myself having to do parallel digging on bandcamp for a lot of non-beatport content though (an area growing more and more). I would love to see a crates for bandcamp—ideally it could show in my inbox feed, but even if it was a separate feed it would be huge. Right now the browsing experience for artists and labels I follow on Bandcamp is abysmal at best. I have to click in and out of releases and pages to hear the music, takes forever.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the kind words Ben! We’d love to integrate with Band Camp, but they don’t have an API for their music catalog.

(Crates is powered by Beatport’s API. If BandCamp adds an API for their catalog, then we can explore integration with them as well.)

4. I would love to be able to cruise the top 100 in different genres on crates.co

The check mark for previously listened to tracks is my favourite time-saver on crates.co
    Would really love to be able to check out the top 100 tracks in all the genres and only listen to the ones I haven't heard before.
    PS. Thanks so much for making this. I have been using it for years and I love it.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the positive feedback, Tim! Glad you’re enjoying Crates. :)

I think Genre support will be something we add in the near future once a few of our other priorities are finished. I’ll update this ticket when there’s news to report!

5. Add filtering & sorting inside your "Hold Bin" & "Cart".

Now it is available only in "My Beatport" which is good but when there are hundreds of tracks inside your Hold Bin...well that would be great to filter them as well.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Drag and drop crate ordering

It would be great to be able to put together a playlist for a gig in a crate, in the order you may want to play the tracks in, and see if the tracks fit the way you want them to before checking out.

Also, it would be great to be able to sort by each column. Basically the rekordbox functions of sorting and drag/drop to reorder tracks.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Setup HTTPS using LetsEncrypt

Title says it all. Would be great to setup SSL/TLS and you can easily setup to auto-renew certs fairly easily. Better security on the web is always good.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. reset played track status or remove check mark

a way to remove the check mark of a track that has already been played.... i can think many reasons why you might want to reset the played status of the track so you can re listen again another day more carefully ... maybe there is a way of doing this already?? i cant find it

sometimes i just leave the player runing through all the tracks in the collection and preview new stuff while doing other things... then another day i want to be able to listen to all again to purchase the ones ive liked but i get…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Did Beatport modify its BPM field(s)?

G'day guys,

Great continued work with the platform—it's even more important now that Beatport as sunset its 'Pro' desktop app.

I noticed very recently that, within individual crates; the BPM and key data is a longer available—it's now replaced with the dreaded '–' symbol.

Has Beatport changed its CMS and thus, said values are available within another field?

Strangely, in the "feed" view, the values remain.

Hope there is a reasonably easy fix and/or correction available.

Thanks, once again!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Mute specific releases under a label you still wish to see releases from

I see that we can mute labels and such... problem is I don't want to mute a label and then miss releases from them later when I forget to unmute them. For example... There are labels I love which I collect a lot of releases from and then at the end of the year (or beginning of the next year) I am inundated with "best of" releases with like 100 tracks. Would it be possible to hover over a specific release and mute that release only (not the label entirely). Or even a way to mark all tracks in that…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback and glad you like Crates!

If you're trying to ignore those pesky re-released tracks, just turn on "HIDE RERELEASES + MUTED TRACKS" -- this way you can follow labels like normal, and anytime they re-release tracks you just won't see them.

But maybe we're misunderstanding your request. :)

11. Cart menu is obscured by bottom of browser window

In Firefox on mac, when choosing which cart to add a track to, it has a little popup window with a list of the carts, and a sidebar to scroll down the list of carts, however when I'm adding tracks from near the bottom of the list, to a cart near the bottom of the list, I can't get the cart to show up.
    The cart menu is partially obscured by bottom of browser window.

Love the site though. Thanks for the great work.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. You have a floating rectangle a little north of the center of the page that has the potential to drive me insane if you don't remove it.

Some fixed position floating div, but I didn't look to deep at the dom to figure out what it was.

It persists through reloads, restarting browser, etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Feature: Add Support for "Beatport DJs"

I really LOVE Beatport DJs, its the only reason why I still go to Beatport at all instead of using Crates exclusively.

If you're not familiar with it, Beatport DJs allows you to follow Beatport users who have created profiles in the Beatport DJ system. If you're following someone and they release a new chart, it appears in your feed. I've been building up the DJs (all of whom are generally producers and want more avenues to get people to listen to their tracks) I follow and now get four to five new charts every week, which provides a great…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ve asked Beatport if the list of DJs you follow is accessible via the API, but it doesn’t appear so. I’ll update here if we here back from Beatport.

Building our own DJ follow system would be an alternative to consider, but it’s a bit messy considering Beatport differentiates between Artists (producers) and DJs.

In the mean time, you can easily access any chart on Beatport in Crates. If your Beatport Chart URL is this: https://pro.beatport.com/chart/springtime/343296

Then you can access it on Crates by putting that last number in this URL, like this:

http://crates.co/chart/slug/343296

• Don't see your idea?

Crates

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base